What is a Team? | Teen Ink

What is a Team?

By BananaHana GOLD, Chinook, Montana
BananaHana GOLD, Chinook, Montana

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

TEAM: Team is just like your second family. If your teammate is in need, you help them just as if your family member is in need. To me my teammates are like the sisters that I never had. We should and will try not to let our teammates down just like we will not let our family members down.
COCKY vs. CONFIDENT

Cocky and confident are two totally different concepts. If you are cocky you think that you are all that. You act that you are the best on the team. In my opinion it is impossible to be the best on the team because everyone has their role on the team. Even if you sit on the bench you are very important morale booster.

One the other hand, confident is when you believe that you can do anything that you want. When you are confident, especially in basketball, you may drive to the basket or maybe take the ball down the court. You may be nervous but since you are confident you are the one who was courageous enough to do it.

I wrote this article after having a huge discussion about this same topic with one of my teammates. We didn't have the same point of view, so I decided to write an article about so that my opinion was heard more widely.