Stress in the Life of Teen Society | Teen Ink

Stress in the Life of Teen Society

March 23, 2011
By OUTLAW_WRITING BRONZE, Camden, New Jersey
OUTLAW_WRITING BRONZE, Camden, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The only time SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the dictonary"


Stress fills the life of most teens. Due to a lot of different situations such as school, family issues, and community. Stress is a something that shouldn’t be taken lightly though a lot of teens keep this to themselves and do not seek help or comfort. Stress is one of the many leading causes in teen death and has accumulated over time to a very high percentage. This is a matter that should be taken very seriously among teens, parents, and administration.


School is one of the elevated reasons in the field of stress. Bullying is also a problem in our schools today and has been for a very long time, but staying on topic this reason is the biggest in my opinion leading to stress in school. Student see it as if they keep it to themselves they’ll save themselves from the embarrassment of others knowing therefore not fixing the problem but yet adding more stress. Students spend more time worrying about what others will think more than thinking about themselves and the effects this situation could and will have on their future. Grades are also a big stress leader in schools. Some students try to hard to impress others being teachers, parents, and fellow students with their work ethed when they don’t really have it in them. Thus causing a load of stress and disappointment in themselves due to their lack to keep up with others expectations. There are times where students have high expectations already set for them by others which add stress to the already hectic school life. Other don’t always see the excessive stress they add to others life due to the push they apply to the already busy student. In my opinion, push is always good to add to another’s life to keep them motivated and on the right track but there is also times that aren’t good when adding to much push. You have to know when and how much to apply at times for the students sake.


Stress could also get to the point where a person may think there is no longer a reason to live. That if there life is over they will no longer have to experience stress. This is a very serious matter in the community. Teen’s suicide is not something to be taken lightly, but people can’t seem to understand why it’s going on. Nine times out of ten stress is the leading cause of suicide. Not only in the teen community but this is represented by all ages and races. Due to many reasons such as bullying, school, money issues, housing issues, family problems, ECT.


There are many different ways to solve stress problems. Therapy is a process that can help but may be on the expensive side but if needed is much recommended. The most common and best way in my opinion to solve a stress problem is to simply get over your fear of embarrassment and talk to somebody. Being your family, a counselor, or friends. Anybody that will make you comfortable and tend to help you with this problem is recommended.


In closing, Stress is a very serious matter that shouldn’t be taken lightly. As stated there’s many consequences that can follow a life full of stress, being life damage, failure, and even death. On the other hand there’s ways to manage and a get threw stress periods, also being talking to others concerning this problem. Stress is common things in the everyday life of are citizens no matter the race, age, nor place of origin. It’s a serious matter that should be taken seriously by all and handled at its highest level. Live life as you want to and never let anything stop you from being who you want to be. Stress is never worth losing your life over and will never equal to the joy in life that makes life so much worth living. With that being said I hope I encouraged everyone to get help if needed with any problem they may be having due to stress. Always remember the grass is always greener on the other side.


The author's comments:
I just want others to see what a serious matter this is in others life.