Watch the News? Why bother?

The news is pretty much a joke these days.Every time I see a station advertisement, the headline almost always has to do with sex. To be fair, it doesn't always have to do with sex. Sometimes they throw something about celebrities in there too.
I realize that they need to attract viewers just like everybody else, but I think there are other ways of doing this. If I'm not mistaken, the news stations do have these people called investigative journalists. Why don't they ever actually investigate things? It's no secret corruption is virtually everywhere. You would think journalists would have easy pickings for a story that is actually important. Instead they choose to be a tabloid.

It has also come to my attention that these networks love to scare older people. I know that fear makes people pay attention, but they use that crutch every time there isn't a good celebrity story floating around. It's despicable how these stations pray on the fear of those who don't understand this new world. They are supposed to serve us, to make sure we know what is going on in the world.
I don't think I've ever heard breaking news that will actually effect me or the community in any way. I'm not even going to get into how biased some news networks are. There's no point in watching anymore. If Snooki hasn't done anything worth talking about lately, I have to hear about how the machines are going to take over.

VoxPopuli said...
I agree that its gotten better, but why does there have to be huge death tolls to convince these stations to actually do there job? Thank you for the recommendations.

Aderes18 said...

What news are you talking about? If it's local news like Fox local, I agree. Up until about two months ago, Iwould agree with U about CNN but since the earthquake in Japan and the revolutions in the Middle East.. the news has gotten a lot better. The best news to watch is CNN, the NYT(New York Times) and Al- Jazeera(you can't get in in the US easily unless you go on their website.) Frontline is also good. Check that. Some of the best news to watch on TV in PBS, whether it's Frontline or the 6... (more »)