Watch the News? Why bother? | Teen Ink

Watch the News? Why bother?

March 11, 2011
By VoxPopuli BRONZE, Dennison, Ohio
VoxPopuli BRONZE, Dennison, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love Everybody



-Big Kenny


The news is pretty much a joke these days.Every time I see a station advertisement, the headline almost always has to do with sex. To be fair, it doesn't always have to do with sex. Sometimes they throw something about celebrities in there too.
I realize that they need to attract viewers just like everybody else, but I think there are other ways of doing this. If I'm not mistaken, the news stations do have these people called investigative journalists. Why don't they ever actually investigate things? It's no secret corruption is virtually everywhere. You would think journalists would have easy pickings for a story that is actually important. Instead they choose to be a tabloid.

It has also come to my attention that these networks love to scare older people. I know that fear makes people pay attention, but they use that crutch every time there isn't a good celebrity story floating around. It's despicable how these stations pray on the fear of those who don't understand this new world. They are supposed to serve us, to make sure we know what is going on in the world.
I don't think I've ever heard breaking news that will actually effect me or the community in any way. I'm not even going to get into how biased some news networks are. There's no point in watching anymore. If Snooki hasn't done anything worth talking about lately, I have to hear about how the machines are going to take over.