I am me | Teen Ink

I am me

March 9, 2011
By AmmmyMarie GOLD, Silverton, Oregon
AmmmyMarie GOLD, Silverton, Oregon
10 articles 0 photos 4 comments

I was hanging out with some friends and some people I just met. They wanted to know more about me. Who I am? Where do I live? All the regular, bizarre questions everyone gets asked, prior to getting to know someone. I told them the usual, I attend Silverton High School, I’m almost 16 (and yes I’m counting the days down), I’m loud, weird, I’m just me I guess…….
Well I got home and I was laying down in bed drawing, and I was just kinda doodling here and there. -When that specific question popped into my head- WHO AM I? So I decided this is what I should write my OP about! So here we go.


Who am I? What are my desires, what are my dreams? What is my passion, my reasons for living? What keeps me walking, pushing, breathing, p**** heaving, alive? Existing. Existing, is it ever enough? Is wandering through life enough to keep me satisfied? I must push, I must strive, I must believe. I must wander, hope, dream, question. Wonder freely about topics that have never been thought of before. Hope for dreams and plan and wishes once thought impossible. Dream for the incredible, the impossible, and the everlasting. Question the people who wish to change me, and question the laws and boundaries that restrict me, contain me, stifle me. I will change aspects of my life that call for it, and respect those who can not and will not be changed. I will be everything I can be. Who am I, you ask? I am me. I am sort of here, and sort of there. I am a somewhat a maybe. I am a possibility. I’m not what I eat but I like chocolate the best. I am 70% of water with my own skeletal support system like the steel frame of the Shelby GT 500 I’m wishing for on my birthday. I am oh, what a let down. I’m an almost, a back up. I’m a contradiction of physical thought. I’m a kinda and a sorta. I’m everywhere and nowhere, but the universe would never split on my behalf. I am my words, not spoken, but written down on anything I can find. Not yelled but scribbled in the black ink, which sometimes lacks the dotted i’s and crossed t’s. I’m one of a thousand people, growing and learning from everyday life. I’m a possibility, a lost individual. My life’s not perfect; I have my ups and my downs. I take life for granted, I think too much-or not at all. I’m irresponsible, immature, a teenager. My high school involves drama, boys, homework, friends, and oh did I mention boys? I can be wild, crazy, fun. But when it comes down to it all-I will be me. This is who I am. Yes I wanna be accepted, fit in, but why do I have to look, act, speak, stand out in a certain way? As you can see I wonder thousands of things. My future- the plan for my life- Am I going to be a great mom, bad mom- will I be me when times get hard? I guess I just need to get up in the morning, liking who I am, who I wanna be. I only have one life to live, why should I act through it? He’s got a plan for me, I know this. So I should follow the roads and the signs of becoming who I am.

This is all BIGGER than Me.
But this is MY life.
MY dreams, possibilities, and hopes.
This is who I’m going to be.
I will be me.
This is who I am.


The author's comments:
This piece of writing I actually wrote for an English paper:) Called an OP which means occasional paper! Well I wrote this because I'm tired of not knowing who I am, who I'm going to be....ect. I was asked this specific question "WHO AM I". So this is what I came up with. I hope it gives you inspiration or joy to know you can be yourself. You don't need the clothes in the magazines, or JL's hair. Just be you. That's the beauty of it all, everyone's beautiful:) ENJOY:)