Annoyances | Teen Ink

Annoyances

February 28, 2011
By Liza Radford BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
Liza Radford BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Annoyances -- they’re a real pain. People could be the most annoying things on earth besides technology. All they do is talk way too much, always get in the way, lie to you, stand way to close to you, and talk on their cell phones far too much.
Talking is something I love to do, but some people just love it way too much. They will sit there and just talk your ear off to the point where you stop listening. I have one friend that does that, and she talks like she knows everything, and that‘s the worst part. Also, all she has to say is gossip -- nothing that I want to hear but just plain old gossip.
Another thing I can’t deal with is people getting in the way. Whether you are in the car or talking to someone, people are always cutting you off. Personally, I find it t annoying either way. The other day I was talking to one of my friends, and I was mid-sentence, and all of sudden she starts ranting on about something I really didn’t care about. Even though it drove me crazy, I decided not to say anything and just let her keep talking. Then the other day when my mom and I were driving this woman cut right in front of us, and she almost hit us. It was actually really scary.
Standing way too close to me, like come on, it’s not necessary. Considering that most people who do that talk so loud it’s a little ridiculous. I have a personal bubble, and I would really like for it to be respected. People just don’t know how to act in front of others.
Cell phones; a great invention but such a pain. People talk on their phones to an ridiculous extent. They talk loudly and so obnoxiously. But what are you going to do? Tell a stranger to please be quiet? I don’t think so. I guess they’re just part of our generation that we will have to learn to live with. Annoyances –they are a fact of life, so I guess we will just have to learn to live with them.