Patience (for love) | Teen Ink

Patience (for love)

February 23, 2011
By Anonymous

"When did love become unmoving? When did love become unconsuming? Forgetting what the world has told me..."~ Sidewalk Prophets
If you think about it, when did making love NOT require love? When have humans reduced ourselves to nothing more than animals, having relations whenever we feel "the urge"? What has happened to the sanctity of marriage? God did not say,"Do not awaken love until it so desires" (Song of Solomon 8:4) for nothing. He has a special timing for everyone, yes even you! Jeremiah 29:11 says,"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope". Wow. I like that promise. But the thing is: humans are SO impatient! We want what we want and we want it now (and I'm definitely not being hypocritical...I'm impatient too). As teens going though adolescence, we have this desire deep down in our hearts to test our limits, go beyond the boundaries, and experiment with new things. Though this topic could also relate to drugs and alcohol, I need to keep your focus on sex.
Wilhelm Reich was an was an Austrian psychologist who became somewhat of a cult figure in the 1960's. He believed that human beings are nothing more than biological creatures and that redemption comes through complete immersion in the sexual reflex. He insisted that since nature knew nothing of natural restraints, that we didn't need to restrain either. Not to get into too much detail, have you ever seen horses mate? Basically, Reich is calling us no more dignifying than animals. But in Genesis 1, God gives man dominion over the earth, which DIRECTLY contradicts the words of Reich. Another figure that believed sex did not belong inside a marriage alone was a woman named Mary Calderone. She greatly, GREATLY influenced contemporary sex education. Her belief: sexual relations improves an individuals health. If that is so, then how would one explain the beginning of a deadly outbreak of a disease called AIDS that killed thousands upon thousands of people in the 1980s? I don't think anyone could answer that, unless they said that her philosophy was incorrect.
However, in the Bible it talks about how marriage is sacred between one husband and one wife. Making love needs to first start with real, true love. This is opposed to having relations with someone who you don;t truly love, only using then for your own pleasure.
It's hard though, really hard. I mean, sex is everywhere! That may sound weird, but look at Lady Gaga's song "Bad Romance" for exmaple: "I want your psycho, your vertical stick, want you in my rear window baby your sick, I want your love". Or look at the show Two and a Half men. Not only is Charlie's nephew lazy and irresponsible, Charlie himself sets a terrible example to his nephew by sleeping with any women he feels like. Like I said...sex is everywhere! It lurks behind corners where you can't even see it, but it's there.
In conclusion, I challengen no u urge you to consider saving yourself for your special someone that you will join in matrimony one day. Please, be patient and let God choose the timing. He never fails as long as you wait upon Him. God Bless!!
Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint


The author's comments:
This topic has been on my heart a lot lately. Please don't just read, but also think about the words God placed on my heart.