Our World Has Become Trash

Our world has become trash. The streets are deadly, the air is deadly, the people are deadly. I don't understand. Some people find that drugs and alcohol help them cope with their problems. It may ease the pain, but only cause more in the end. Violence over drugs is out of control. Alcohol is out of control. We need to come up with a way for troubled people to cope before they abuse drugs or alcohol. They destroy people, their lives, and their loved ones’ lives. This chain reaction of pain and destruction needs to be stopped. That has been obvious for a while now, but no one has dealt with the issue. Sure, we send people to rehab or something, and that might help some people, but we need a support system for those who have lost theirs. People laugh at giving money to the needy, because “they’ll just go and waste it on beer.” I am not in favor of giveaways, but yes a little money is required to get someone back on their feet. Most people who say that are the ignorant rich. I understand where they are coming from, I just don’t agree. They think that the poor, homeless, alcoholic, and drug abusers are below them and aren’t worthy of their precious time. But maybe those people aren’t worthy of their luxurious lives. The scary thing is, those are the people in charge of the world. I think it’s time for that to change.

Got_Interest said...

Amen! Preach it, sister!

Seriously, this is how I feel mos of the time. While the message was well conveyed, I suggest reading your article over again. There are a couple of grammar mistakes there that could use fixing. Grammar and spelling mistakes suck because people won't take what you write seriously if they are present. You have an important message to portray, and therefore you should make people pay attention to it.I liked how it wasn't long and wordy, but rather short and strai... (more »)

Got_Interest replied...
Sorry, most not mos. I must sound like such a hypocrite going on about grammar and spelling mistakes when I made my own mistakes right there!

LucyInTheSky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
haha you dont sound like a hypocrite. thanks for the feedback! i read my article again, and i only found 1 thing i would change. what grammar mistakes am i not seeing?