Dear 13 Year-Old Self

Dear 13 year old self,

It's okay. What people say will not hurt you. You will become the brightest star in the sky. Keep your head up and never lose faith. All of the negativity that others may say to you is meaningless. Once success comes your way, nothing will stop you. Just keep quiet and never get angry.Let your actions speak louder than a lion's roar. For your future is brighter than the sun itself. How you get there does not matter. Homeschooled or not. Rich or poor.Accepted or a social outcast. You are beautiful, regardless to what they say. You will go far.Love yourself and never let anyone else take that love away from you.

Sincerely,
You, as a hematologist

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Gahh!! I love the message in this, it's so inspiring, great job! Keep writing! (:

ShontelleSymone replied...
Thanks! I'm going through a little bit of writer's block right now, but hopefully I can find my muse and get back to it. Most of my poems are written when I have a boyfriend. Since guys around here are stupid and immature, I hope I can find a different muse that will bring out the best in me creatively :-)