How Technology Affects our World

Technology is the present world. It affects people’s daily lives. Whether it inspires somebody to be the master at videogames or makes somebody a computer hacker. It has changed the generation of teenagers/young adults rapidly. It has made the generation more greedy, ignorant, and lazy. For instance, my parents did not have fancy cell phones or high-tech computers back then because it was never created. They only had a bike and ball until it was worn out. They never thru a fit for not getting what they wanted or sat at home, playing videogames for numerous hours. They would ALWAYS be outside, whether the weather was hot or cold, playing soccer or having a snowball fight with their friends. And when they didn’t want to go outside, they sat down, read a book, played cards, or even drank hot cocoa. Now a day, it’s all about getting an ipod touch or a phone with a touch screen. Soon, people will have chairs that will fly around to get a soda from the fridge so they don’t have to get their butt up and walk. Though there seems to be more negative influence of technology, there may still be some silver lining.

Technology is taking over our world. People don’t realize what it is doing. In the music industry for instance, when a new song comes out by a famous rockstar wearing a metal jacket with no shirt on and multiple piercings, people end up coming to school dressed the same way. They would say to their parents, “It’s the new style at school,” and their parents would say, “Okay wear it but, if you get in trouble don’t blame it on me.” Parents aren’t even strict anymore. If my parents even thought about doing a style like that, their parents would kill them. It’s the same thing with a rapper, if they get grills and get gold chains around their neck, so many people would do the same EXACT thing. However, music can have a positive effect on people also. It may inspire people to do what they want the most. It may also communicate important messages to the public and can also illicit emotions and memories that we always remember every time we hear a specific song.

Technology also affects the computer world and cell phone world. Individuals can now hack into other people’s lives or cyber-bully someone. You could hurt or be hurt by people over the internet or by a simple text message. You can also have unlimited access to inappropriate content no matter your age. The internet has also poisoned teenagers minds. Some people are on computer games for decades. People on “myspace” or “facebook” stay on the computer so they are updated on EVERY SINGLE THING that’s happening in other individual’s lives or are posting the daily drama. Drama is already an unnecessary problem in the world and it can now be spread over technology. You could start drama over a text message or even the internet where it will spread everywhere. On the other hand, there are some pros for internet and cell phones. They are great communication tools with family and friends. Also, with the new “3G” tool on some cell phones you can use the internet anywhere. So if you have no internet on your computer, you could just use your cell phone for whatever you need. Or if you get stranded or lost somewhere, all you have to do is pull out your cell phone for navigation. Computers and cell phones are good tools for everyone to use, but it doesn’t need to be used for the above reasons.

As discussed, there are many cons to technology, but there are some pro’s too. It could be useful for people’s lives and it could be used to hurt people’s lives. The way technology should be used is as a tool and for helpful reasons, and should not be used for hours of laziness. overall, technology influences every aspect of people’s lives.

Professor said...
yesterday at 6:18 pm:
I disagre with this because the internet can be very helpfull. Like when people need to communicate in a second we have that in a minute by simply pulling your phone out and getting on FaceBook. It can also help spread good stuff like the ASL challenge. A more helpful question would be. Wouldn't the civil rights movement have occured faster if there was the technolgy we have today???? 

Hello my name is... said...
Jul. 27 at 4:09 am:
My daughter had to do a speech on technology and this helped alot. (dont worry, she rewrote it!) Lovely piece of work!

Anonymous said...
May 30 at 4:14 am:
I agree, but I do not agree...

tjjj said...
May 15 at 10:46 am:
i agree that technology has effected the world and it is very big in the untited states. every time i go to school and i walk in the buliding all i see is phones ipods and other technology items. me and my familiy have no technology. after school i am allways outside doing something like climbing a tree or biking but i have never used a phone in my life or a counsil item.

Snare15 said...
I agree with your opinions about how technology is affecting the world. Technology has also changes how people interact and socialize with each other. People are starting to talk from long distance instead of having a conversation with someone in person.

ZAI ZAI replied...
Apr. 18 at 4:06 pm :
I AGREE with ur statement snare15. No one has to go outside anymore to talk we go0t the social media instead

Hello my name is... replied...
Jul. 27 at 4:11 am :
I agree. I know i'm on my computer right now but i still climbed the mount today! Haha social media is getting out of hand...