The World's Personality | Teen Ink

The World's Personality

January 21, 2011
By LimeGreenLVR BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio
LimeGreenLVR BRONZE, Springboro, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live, Laugh, Love"


There was once two different, but the same mountains. The first mountain was full of happiness, love, friendship, and compassion. The second mountain was full of hatred, violence, madness, greed, jealousy, and disgust. If you were standing at the bottom of those two mountains, which mountain would you rather live on? Of course you would want to live on the mountain with happiness, love, friendship, and compassion, right? You would think the second mountain would be awful to live on. Or even visit. But answer this: Is it true that our world is full of happiness and love? Is it full of hatred and violence? Both of the mountains in our world are combined into one. Our world is combined with love and violence. Our world is combined with friendship and hatred. So this is what I would like the world to do. Make the world, the entire world, a better place. If someone is hurt help them even if they aren’t always kind to you. Give your worn clothes to Goodwill or another donation store. Not to someone who just wants more but doesn’t need it. Help pick something up that someone dropped. Give food to the hungry or your local food pantry. Don’t start a fight. Don’t steal. Don’t wait for someone else to help the world be a better place. YOU do it! YOU help! If you start, everyone that wants to help will, without letting anyone tell them not to! Cherish this world! Help it be friendlier. Tell your friends as well! Let no one stop you. So right now, if you were standing at the bottom of those two mountains, think of what you can do to help the second become friendlier and more loving. Then do it! Believe in yourself! Let no one, not even your family and friends, stop you from doing what you believe in!

The author's comments:
I hope everyone will understand the promise in this world and let everyone make the world a better place to live in and cherish.