Violence

The stygian shadow skulking in the dark, waiting to strike at the slightest provocation. It only thinks of itself, willing to strike anyone down to meet its evil ends. A wraith whose only objective is to hurt and maim as many as possible. The being that does more harm than good. This monster is violence.

Violence is a problem of today. It should be stopped for the #1 reason . . . death. Violence has the potential to end a life in a second. The 9/11 attacks were nothing but acts of violence by Muslim zealots. The Holocaust, the greatest number of Jews killed in history. Violence is everywhere; it can be lurking in the shadows, staring at you from across the classroom, or passing you by on the way to school.

This demon of sadness causes much emotional upheaval such as depression, guilt, and terrible grief. The cruel death of a pet can leave a child in deep, deep depression, affecting grades, social life, and family. If a kid was being harassed by a bully and he finally lashed out, accidentally killing him, he could be left with such guilt throughout his life. In Africa, there are so many children who have watched their parents be gunned down right in front of them and leave that child with nothing but grief.

My point is that this menace of destruction is an almost unstoppable force. No one can be left untouched by this demon, it spares nobody its wrath. The pain and agony left by this apparition could be temporary or everlasting, depending on its mood. Again, no one cannot be affected by the unholy effects of violence.

LovingLily said...
Wow!! You summed it all up, that is very true. We don't know where violence may be lurking... everyone has some in them, but it's just a choice to let it out of it's cage of hatred or not. When we do, we can't stop it.

soccer4ever said...
wow! i think your article shows a lot about the dangers of violence and this is a great way to show the affects in a calming matter. good job