It doesn't have to be this way. | Teen Ink

It doesn't have to be this way.

By melissa.d BRONZE, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
melissa.d BRONZE, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts

Homophobia does not exist in my mind. It’s honestly just a giant group of ignorant people who cannot accept others for who they truly are. How would two people of the same sex getting married have any effect on their life whatsoever? It wouldn’t. And how is it even possible to be scared of someone because they’re gay? That’s like homosexual people walking around saying they are scared of straight of people, it does not happen. Honestly, if all the “homophobes” out there would just drop the subject there would be nothing to worry about. People would be happy. Also, these “homophobes” wonder why it’s so hard for people to come out of the closet. Just imagine if you were the one that was homosexual, not so easy now, huh?
And the other thing that baffles me… people saying that it is a CHOICE to be homosexual. Honestly, no one would choose to be discriminated against because of their choice in partner. It’s like saying that someone chooses to be Hispanic. You don’t choose either; you’re just born that way.
Anyways, the point of my rant was to just say, don’t judge someone off of their interest in men or women; it’s really not their choice. This is one subject on which I do not respect opinions viewed otherwise.

missJaneAusten BRONZE, Toronto, Other

"Never take life too sriously. You don't make it out alive anyway"

I completely agree. A person should not be judged by who they love. Why does it matter, as long as there is love in the world. The only reason people act like that is because they are scared of what they think is different because they are all excatly the same.