Sound of Music | Teen Ink

Sound of Music

January 13, 2011
By r_v_a BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
r_v_a BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Music is like the 3 meals I eat everyday; I wouldn’t be able to survive without it. Music is one of the most powerful things I have come across in my 13 years!

Music moves me in all ways possible. Music moves me more than someone could comprehend. There are all different types of music and each one has a special or personal value. For one thing, everyone has a favorite type of music because it makes him or her feel good or it has a certain affect on them. Not everyone has the same taste in music and that’s one of the things I love about it because it has so many different sides to it. I wouldn’t want to know a life where music didn’t exist.

Listening to music can also change my mood. If I had a bad day and I come home and blast up-beat music through my room, my mood isn’t so dull because I listened to good music. Sad music affects me in the same way up-beat music does. Music can set the right mood for any situation, and it speaks with it’s own words. I believe there is an emotion for every type of music. Like a good neighbor, music is always there when I need it most. Music moves a lot of people, so why wouldn’t you love it? Music isn’t just powerful; it’s also truly inspiring. Ryan Leslie, a famous singer songwriter makes his own beats because he feels the same way about music that I do: it inspires him. Music can make you feel all kinds of different things at one time; and it doesn’t always have to be life changing.

Music makes you live in the moment. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” says Bob Marley, one of the world’s greatest Reggae artists. Without music in the interesting world we live in, there would be no beats, no enthusiasm, and no true sound. Music allows you to get lost and it lets you have the choice to find your way out. On average, teenagers listen to 1-2 hours of music a day. I think it’s safe to say that a lot of people share the same love for music as I do; but if you don’t, there are countless reasons why you should. In life, we have music, but in music, people believe that something comes alive. Music is another reason why we get up in the morning! My friends, as helpful as they are, expose me to new songs that make my love for music sink even deeper.

I could listen to endless mounds of music and I could never get tired of it because there are so many things to explore and learn about music and how it works. In fact, I get so into my music that when I pause it to listen to what my mom is mouthing to me, I can hear my heart beat through my headphones because music makes my heart accelerate! Once I start listening, I seep into the beat and I find myself lost in the song. Music speaks its own language!

Some say actions speak louder than words, but I believe that music sings so much louder than any action.