Where did we go?

When we are born, we are impresionable little children. We listen to the voices of our parents and obey, just for the sake of pleasing them. We read fairy tails, believing that they will come true, that we will one day find our prince. When we grow older, we play dress up with our friends, tea parties, we go to school, wondering at the big yellow bus that we ride without our parents. We are innocent. What happened to the time when a friend was a friend, and it wasnt complicated. There was no pressure to have a boyfriend, or to be popular. Nobody defined you by the clothes you wore, of the friends you had.
When did we first start to loose our innocence? When did society become so deranged, that children sleep in cells in Juvinile Hall? Another fancy name for Jail. When did parents start forcing their babies to trafic drugs?
As we gain all of this tecnology, it becomes easyer for a child to slip through the cracks, and there are not enough people out there to pull then back. Instead sosiety lables them "bad" or they say it was such a pity, but they don't reach out.