Agreement to "Animal Cruelty Must Stop" | Teen Ink

Agreement to "Animal Cruelty Must Stop"

December 31, 2010
By Anonymous

I agree with the article “ Animal Cruelty Must Stop” completely. While there are many problems in the world, whether bigger or smaller than this, animal cruelty is a major problem in the world today. This is an issue that needs to be stopped as soon as possible.

Approximately 6,800 animals die each year from cruelty and abuse, and about 19 die every day. 19 animals a day is 19 to many. This is a lot of animals that die each year/ day, but this is only how many that die. What about all those others that suffer a miserable life on a daily basis. They are not killed (right away), but they are tortured, or owned by someone who could care less about taking care of them.

Many animals suffer every day, whether it be from abuse or they are just not taken care of the way they should be. Some people do not raise enough money to take care of there and even though the animals are loved very much, they should not have to live in those conditions. They should be able to have plenty of food to eat and have clean water to drink. They should be able to have someone who loves them and wants/ is able to care for them. If an owner really loves their pet, they should wants what’s best for they. If they cannot provide this for them, they should love them enough to give they to someone who can provide the care necessary for the animal.

On the other hand, some people could just care less about animals. Some people don’t care the way animals are treated or cared for. I just can’t see how people just don’t care. These are living things just like us. They have feelings just like we do. The only difference is that animals can’t stand up for themselves like we can. Most animals rely on human beings to provide a good living environment and good, loving care. Animals are innocent, helpless creatures that should not be abused for any reason what so ever.

Not caring or not caring for animals is one thing, but abusing animals is something that is completely different and equally bad, if not a lot worse. There is absolutely no reason that animals should be abused. Most animals that are abused have nothing wrong with them. They are just innocent creatures that are beaten and neglected and cannot do anything about it. I can understand that some animals should be put down because of behavioral issues, but they should never be abused or tortured. In some cases certain animals should be put down, but put down peacefully by a professional. (a vet.) One example is if they are putting humans in danger, and cannot be tamed.

Animal cruelty should be illegal all around the world. As stated in the article, “Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, North Dakota, and South Dakota have no felony provisions for cruelty to animals.” This needs to change. All states should make animal cruelty illegal.

In conclusion, the author of the article “Animal Cruelty Must Stop” is correct. Animal cruelty must be stopped. It take a lot of time and many people to stop something that has grown so large and is so common in our community, but it can be stopped because nothing is impossible.