Life: What is it Really All About? | Teen Ink

Life: What is it Really All About?

By Jenna_33 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Jenna_33 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Life confuses me. I don’t understand why people are taken away so soon when there should be many more years that we should be allowed to spend with them. I don’t know why there is so much hate in this world when we all experience loss and don’t ever want to experience it again. Why do people bully? Why do people kill others? We are all of one kind, and there is no reason that we should hate each other. Why are there car accidents, diseases, shootings, suicides, and natural disasters? When close ones are taken we all cry. It is sad knowing you won’t see them again for a long time. Maybe never, if Heaven isn’t real and only something to hope for in the future, but I really do believe in Heaven. One time I read a quote on a “Facebook likes” page. It said, “When you come into the world you cry, and everyone else smiles, but when you leave the world, everyone cries, and you smile”. I actually believe this to be true, and quite ironic. Maybe there is all this hate and violence in the world, so that when you leave the world, you are actually in a better place. Maybe life isn’t fair for a reason. I don’t know what Heaven would be like, but I picture it to be peaceful and a place where you can share every moment with your loved ones, and never worry about losing them again. I picture it to be in a place away from death, away from hate, away from violence, and in a place where you can feel peace; a place that you can stay forever. Maybe everything really does happen for a reason. Maybe you lose people, so that you can learn to never take loved ones for granted. Maybe there’s tragedy and hate, so that life after death is beautiful. I feel like I’m rambling, but all of this goes through my head everyday. I wonder what my purpose in life is. I wonder what my future will be like, and when I will be taken away. I wonder if there really is a God and Heaven, and how it all works. I wonder why life happens the way it does. My mind is always spinning and curious about the point of life and how it works. It’s all confusing to me, but I won’t ever know these answers until, possibly, my death. However, I really hope that all sadness in this life is gone once you die. I am scared of death, because I don’t really know what happens once you die. Will everybody eventually forget about you? I am scared that there really isn’t anything after death. What if you don’t live life right? Do you go to Hell, or do you become a ghost, or does it really matter? I have so many questions, but sadly they probably won’t ever be answered. Life is almost just like science: People can say things and have opinions, but nothing can ever be fully proven. Until I leave this life, I will continue to ask these questions. However, I will try to live my life to the fullest and love every single person around me since I’m not really sure what happens after.

I wrote this after I recently lost a friend in a car accident. I was feeling a little lost and started to just think about life, then typed up what I was thinking.