Justin Bieber vs. David Archuleta: Who is a better role model?

There’s two guys in the music world who have gotten a lot of hype over the past few years. David Archuleta and Justin Bieber, both once living a normal life, quickly shot to fame almost out of no where. David Archuleta was runner-up on the seventh season of American Idol and has three high-ranking studio albums. Justin Bieber was a youtube sensation discovered by Usher, now a music sensation. They both have huge fan bases with their many albums, tours, and both even have best selling books. Now, if you asked the Beliebers which one of them is the better musician, they’d say Justin. And if you asked the Arch Angels, they’d without a doubt say David. Though they both really can’t be compared with their music, they can with their heroism.

Not too long ago, Justin Bieber was just an ordinary guy, making youtube videos of him singing and playing the guitar. Never did he think he’d end up where he is today, with such a strong following from his fans. But does their following go anywhere past his music? Though Justin worked hard to get where he is, and he donates to charities and has his new inspirational song “Pray”, has he ever done anything that really hit people hard and made them admire him? Though he’s done all of valuable things, it’s been known that he also acts out, swears, and possibly even punched a boy in the face. Do his good qualities even out with his faults?

David Archuleta was too just an ordinary guy with little confidence and no self-esteem, but a love for singing. When he finally did have enough self-assurance to actually try and work on music, he was diagnosed with vocal paralysis. He had felt like music was just a thing of the past, it was that one piece missing from him, until one day, he felt a strong, “unexplainable” feeling to audition for American Idol, and that’s how he got where he is today. David worked hard all throughout his life to get where he is, doing numerous singing competitions while battling his strong hatred for his voice. But that didn’t stop him. David is the perfect example of working hard and achieving your dreams. Not to mention the numerous charities he’s involved with, plus his unshakable faith and strong positivity, which he tries to share with people so that they too can achieve their goals in life and be happy. David’s influential music and motivational quotes make him an inspiration to many people, which is why David has such a devoted fan base.

So to answer the question “Who is a better role model?”, I think it’s pretty obvious that the answer is David. David has done a lot more for people than just flipping his hair. He’s truly inspired people to do what’s right with the strong impact he’s had. Though you can admire some of Justin’s qualities, there’s a lot more about David that makes him a true role model, and even a hero in his fans’ eyes.

jewelia said...
today at 3:14 pm:
Like other users have said, while I somewhat agree with your outlook on the two teens, I also think that you need to cut Justin some slack. I'm not a big fan of him myself, but just because he's famous and a supposed "role-model" doesn;t mean it's blasphemy for him to swear. Even though David Archuleta may not have acted like that at that age, that may just be him. Justin is a different person, clearly with a more outspoken and vibrant personality. However, as far as person... (more »)

mrs.bieber said...
Apr. 26 at 10:22 am:
okay david has his faults too and i notice how you only listen about justiins charities and then all of the bad things...and then you listed all of davids good things...its obvious justin is a WAY better role model!!!

MorganKatie31 said...
Oct. 21, 2012 at 3:50 am:
It's known that cash can make people independent. But what to do if someone has no money? The only one way is to get the mortgage loans and just student loan.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
and am suprise this article got 81 comment, but same time, i realize is a website called "teen" ink, key world being teen.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm :
ps. while both david and justin bas singer, justin is by fair a better vocalist and artist

violet4ever said...
Just want to add - David Archuleta started a 2-year church mission March 28 2012 but he recorded two new cover albums in the weeks before he left and both are now available. Forevermore is beautiful classic Philippines love songs (one is not in English) - you can find the album at WOWHD and the music videos in his theofficialarchuleta Youtube channel.  The other is the US album BEGIN and that's available for order at all the usual webstores and iTunes.  His twitter is DavidArchie -... (more »)

luv2bLDSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm:
I love David! He's so inspiring! Great article!

stupendousman replied...
Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:37 pm :
hi. interesting how we both found this article.

stupendousman replied...
Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:38 pm :
except you found it 4 months ago....

morghio said...
May 15, 2012 at 9:09 am:
I think this article is very one sided for david. You never hear about him, justin bieber is everywhere, and he does a lot of things for a lot of people. Hes a teenager, what sort of teenager doesnt swear, just because hes famous doesnt mean hes perfect? Justin Bieber has so much to offer, and hes my number one role model, he has a charity, he did a christmas album and took nothing from that. Every single dollar made from that album went to help families for christmas. He spent countless ho... (more »)

C.N.Red said...
Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:35 pm:
I have to agree that David is much more of a role model. But...Justin Bieber's just acting his age. I think you should give him some credit.

AALettaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm :

When David was Bieber's age he didn't act the way Bieber does. David knew enough not to and genuinely wouldn't. Bieber should know he's considered a "role model" and should want to be a good infulence like David does.

I don't care for Bieber but I wrote this respectfully enough where I didn't actually insult him. I did give him credit with chairties and things like that, but from what I've seen I think David has had way more of a positive impact on people, and that was my point in this... (more »)

C.N.Red replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 8:15 am :
Yeah, I think your right. Did you know that Justin Bieber was called a brat by one of the CSI cast members when he was a guest star?

Jul. 21, 2011 at 12:59 pm :
I did hear about that. lol 

C.N.Red replied...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 12:20 pm :
Why do you think he acts like that?

Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:18 pm :
Well I'm not sure, maybe it's just the kind of person he is. I don't know really. 

Archiangl said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 12:31 am:
I think david is a great role model he seems very nice and he isvertalented.he inspires me and changed my life and ways of thinking completly .he has tought me valuable things and through out his book i learned a lot of new things as well .i can never stop listening to his music im glad he wants to go his own way with music !i hope he is doing well bye!:)

ilovewriting95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:19 pm:
Great article and I completely agree! David is a much better role model and singer than Justin.  :) By the way, Justin wrote a book? I never knew that, what's it called?

ilovewriting95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm :
Arch Angels and Archie forever!! :)

Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:32 pm :
I honestly don't even know the name of Justin's book LOL But thank you!!