One Piece | Teen Ink

One Piece

November 1, 2010
By Anonymous

I'm getting real tired of religion. What tipped me over the edge was the Mormons moving Halloween to Saturday. Really? Anyway, a lot of people blindly adhere to what they feel is the "whole truth". I'm talking to every person who is devoted to a single religion, and would never give it up. Unlike Nick though, I'm not an atheist. I do believe there's a God, but I believe his Word has been deluded so much by modern and pre-modern culture that the original Word is barely existent in the new Word. I think of it like this, several people are blindfolded and can only touch a certain part of an object. From that part, they must deduce what that object is. For example, I'm going to use a rhino. A person could only feel it's tail. That person believes it's a rope. Someone can only touch its horn. That person thinks it's a statue. Someone can only feel it's back. That person believes it's flooring. None of them never deduce that it's a rhino. That's what religion is. Every religion can only see a certain part of a whole truth. From that piece, they project it into a whole truth, even though it may not be true. What I believe, is that every religion holds a piece of the True Truth. If we can find which pieces they are and put them together in the right pattern, we may just find the entire Truth. Unfortunately, this will probably never happen due to people's ignorance and adherence to their "true" religion. This disappoints me, but C'est la vie.


The author's comments:
Please do not take offense at this! It's just my view of things! I have nothing against Mormons or any other religion!