The "Infamous" Black Friday | Teen Ink

The "Infamous" Black Friday

By rahula.0523 BRONZE, Cranbury, New Jersey
rahula.0523 BRONZE, Cranbury, New Jersey

Thanksgiving is a holiday where families come to rejoice and be thankful for what they have. There have been many alleged origins of Thanksgiving, and many nations celebrate the symbolic ways it reminds them of. But is Thanksgiving actually effective, or does greed and jealousy still rule over us all? You may think Thanksgiving is a holiday to admire, but most likely you don’t know what comes after it.
Black Friday is when stores have huge discounts to attract customers as they prepare for the holiday season. New products are usually put in the spotlight on Black Friday to get more revenue. Unfortunately, there have been fights that have occurred for new products. For example, when the PlayStation 3 released, stores did not have much of them, thus resulting in riots, fights, and deaths.
Most religions state that materials cannot give you permanent happiness. Regardless of beliefs, worshipper or non-worshipper, everyone has heard that being satisfied with whatever you have is the key to permanent, strong happiness. Just look at America today. How can materials influence such extreme actions from human beings? Is this what America was supposed to be? How can we ever imagine that someone you may know might kill you for a desire? One day can ruin someone’s life forever. This could be one of those days.
Politicians and celebrities have always mulled over how we can be a better nation, by helping and caring for people. I doubt it actually has made a noticeable effect. Regardless of the way respect has been advertised, there is always a possibility that there might be someone out there in this vast nation that has a pure heart and put in his/her effort to make a change in her community, state, or even the nation itself. If you put your mind to it, that person can be you.

Can't I rate this anything lower than one star? If I rate it one star, wouldn't it reinforce the current rating (which in my opinion is too high)?

What do you think I need to work on?

Marble101 said...
Nice, but goes on alot of tangents.