Becoming a Christian | Teen Ink

Becoming a Christian

October 27, 2010
By Robbie Bruner BRONZE, North Canton, Ohio
Robbie Bruner BRONZE, North Canton, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)” Eternal life. Who does not want eternal life? All you have to do is believe in Jesus Christ. Becoming a Christian not only offers eternal life after Earth, but it also offers a support group while you are living on Earth. You actually gain multiple support groups. You gain a support group through god, and you gain one through your Christian friends. Your morals will also improve. Improved morals can help lead to a better life. Becoming a Christian gives you greater ethics, support throughout life, and a life after death.

As a Christian you will learn to strive for better morals. Your goal as a Christian should be to become like God. Through trying to become like God, your morals will improve. By following Mark 12:31 “…you shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you will be a better person. Imagine if everyone loved each other. Everyone’s life could be problem free. If you work through God to love everyone around you, your morals will vastly improve, and other people around you may feel the effects. Love is very powerful and God’s is the most powerful in the world. His love is so powerful because God is the most powerful being in the universe. God’s love is stronger than everything else is and that love is in you. Christian peace and love through high morals is like a sudden tidal wave, as it is overwhelming to those that feel it. The love gained through Christianity will greatly improve your morals.

Your support system will improve as well. When you are feeling depressed and down, angry and annoyed, or excited and enthusiastic God will be there. He is someone you can always talk to no matter what the issue is. At any time of the day, when you are anywhere, about anything that has happened, you can talk to God. He is always ready to support and guide you throughout your life. One issue that many teenagers need support through is parental divorce. God and other Christians can help you through it. It can be one of the hardest times of your life. With a little help though, you can get through it a little easier. Other Christians can also support you in your walk with Christ. By joining a youth group, you will give yourself an opportunity to talk to others about your walk with God. Youth groups also offer fun activities to do with your friends. Many youth groups go to movies, music festivals, amusement parks, and restaurants. When times are tough, they can help you to realize you are not the only one who has been in that situation, and when your life is great, sharing that with others may brighten their lives. Gaining this support is just one of the many benefits of being a Christian.

One of the greatest benefits you will receive is eternal life. There is no Fountain of Youth needed for you to gain eternal life. All you have to do is believe in God and accept him as your savior. He loved you so much that he was willing to die for all of your sins and everyone else’s sins. Some sins you may have recently committed are cheating, drinking, spreading rumors, and having sex. He died for you so that you could live with him in heaven forever. Although you are a sinner, God forgives you. Think of everything bad that you have ever done, yet he cares about you so much he is willing to allow you to live with him in the only perfect place in the universe after your life on Earth. "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field; which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field. (Mathew 13:44)” This means that heaven is the greatest treasure in the world. Many people on Earth have great lives, but your life in heaven will be so much better. Everyday you spend in heaven will be greater than your best day on earth. Through eternal life, you will gain this treasure and spend eternity in heaven.

A support system, improved morals, and eternal life are just a few of the many benefits gained from being a Christian. Becoming a Christian will be the most important choice you will ever make. You are guaranteed to be saved when you accept God into your heart. You and the people around you will have better lives because of the way you treat them. Support is also an important convenience you gain. It could be one of the hardest decisions you make, but it could also be one of the most influential. There are 2.1 billion Christians in the world today. When will you join them?


The author's comments:
I am a Christian and when we were told to write a persuasive essay I decided to try to persuade others to become a Christian.