Fun Dates for the Optimistic in Life | Teen Ink

Fun Dates for the Optimistic in Life

October 26, 2010
By NatalieJean BRONZE, Harrisburg, Illinois
NatalieJean BRONZE, Harrisburg, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

lets go on a date.. where we go out with all our friends just to let everyone know we're the happiest we've ever been.

lets go on a date.. where we decide we want to strip down and go swimming in the lake, that october.

lets go on a date.. where we buy the biggest lego set and say we're going to build it all that same night, even though we know we're probably going to end up just trying to build something better than eachother instead.

lets go on a date.. where we stay up all day and all night just to be the first ones to get breakfast at mcdonalds.

lets go on a date.. where we hop in the car and drive until we get totally lost.

lets go on a date.. where we fingerpaint at the kitchen table giggling and somehow end up covered in yellow and blue paint in the end.

lets go on a date.. where we go to the pet store and try to teach the parrot all the cuss words in the book, and a few we've made up on our own.

lets go on a date.. where we just sleep.

lets go on a date.. where we go to a jazz and poetry reading club just to hold hands under the table.

lets go on a date.. where we get the two person bike when we decide we should of gotten the unicycles instead.

lets go on a date.. where we go to the beach and pretend all the sand is lava and we have to find a way to the water.

lets go on a date.. where we go shop and at the big and tall.

lets go on a date.. where we go to the movies in our pjs and sit in the front row so our house slippers can get stuck to the nasty floor.

lets go on a date.. where we trespass and climb to the roof of the tallest building in town just to get away from everyone else.

lets go on a date.. where we watch cartoons all day and eat sugary kiddy cereal by the pounds.

lets go on a date.. where we pretend to be mad as hell in public just to watch peoples faces, but steal a kiss when noones looking.

lets go on a date.. where we end up in a guitar store and you're telling me all these things just to sound cool and i smile and pretend you're my hero for knowing.

lets go on a date.. where we watch fireflies but never catch them because i'm worried we'll hurt them.

lets go on a date.. where we spray paint our initals on a wall of an abandon building, just so we can feel guilty later and come scrub it off.

lets go on a date.. where we go to a baseball game and cheer when nothing is happening and spill our popcorn out of excitement.. don't worry i'll go buy another.

lets go on a date.. where we do nothing but it feels like everything to us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets go on a date.. where we do nothing but walk while our ice cream cones melt in our hands.

lets go on a date.. where we shout across the movie store about the movies we know we would seriously never pick out just to be punks.. and then pick an even more ridiculous one to watch that night.


lets go on a date.. where we get all dressed up and pretty to play monday night bingo by a cute old couple who will talk our legs off about the good ol' days.


lets go on a date.. where we lay in the middle of the football field trying to be romantic but we end up in a grass fight on the 50 yard line instead.


lets go on a date.. where we pick a cheesy love song and belt it at the top of our longs on karaoke night, just to make everyone else smile and think," honey.. it's okay there is no way we could be as bad as those guys!"


lets go on a date.. where we spend the whole night sitting next to each other in the toy aisle while we read all the story books to each other.


lets go on a date.. where we make dinner and decide it's too terrible to eat so we race each other to the car to go pick up our take out.


lets go on a date.. where we get coffee at the coffee shop and playing "I spy" directed towards all the "I"m too serious to play childish games" people sitting all around us.

lets go on a date.. where we make up our own sign language and talk in code for hours, even when we're laughing too hard and we don't think we can go on.

lets go on date.. where we drive all around town trying to find a "secret spot" to call our own, although it really isn't.. but when we're there we will pretend it's just us, even if it is a bench at the bank.

lets go on a date.. where we write "roses are red, violets are.." poems about each other and recite them walking by the street lights at 2 in the morning.

lets go on a date.. where we go out to eat and order everything we know we're going to hate, just to watch the funny faces we both will make.

lets go on a date.. where we get up and dance and hold each other tight whenever the clock is a 7pm.. no matter where we might be.

lets go on a date.. where we play tag across the crowded parking lot because even though we will grow old, we will never grow up.

lets go on a date.. where we set off the sprinklers and make our own slip n' slide in someone elses lawn just to get caught.

lets go on a date.. where we make everyone else smile.

lets go on a date.. where we're not afraid to have fun and act like complete idiots and never take things too seriously


The author's comments:
It's just a list of some fun/cute silly dates that I think would be a blast to go on or act out.
Some are definitely better than others but you never know what the next person will like!