The Utopia of Knowlegde

We live in a world where a utopia is nonexistent, but I know of a special door. It is unknown to all but me. I will give you the key so you can take a look inside but it is no place for you to stay. Now take a deep breath and push open the door and let me be your guide into this glorious world.
Look at the beautiful colors that paint the sky. Feel the peace in the gentle breeze that caresses your face. Do you feel the love washing through into your very soul? This is a utopia, not a soul is suffering, not a person in distress. There is no such thing as hate, only love exists, love is no longer rare but everywhere. Here in my utopia humans are free, animals are free, and all live as one. All are free to do as they please; all are free to wonder the earth. All ask themselves what they can do for their utopia, not what their utopia can do for them. Selfishness is never around among these utopians. This world is like heaven, with its beautiful mountains, and its majestic hills. It has its own gravitational pull to all that is good and a repulsion to all that is evil. Now are you ready for the icing on the cake? What else can this perfect world possibly contain? If you look to your left you will see it, the big giant building, the only one in site, the grand library that lies in the middle of this utopia. For these utopians are not ignorant, they are not naïve; they have knowledge as their ultimate source of peace. Knowledge of worlds full of corruption, of worlds where humans are tortured, of worlds where violence is everywhere, of worlds where selfishness exists, where love is rare and hate is everywhere. Without the library there as their guide, without them having knowledge of those worlds, this utopia would crumble to the ground in one glorious pile of ash.
Now take a deep breath, come back through the door, shut the door behind you, and hand me back the key. Did you forget that it was no place for you to stay? People from our world are not allowed to stay, we are too selfish, we are too ignorant, and we are too naïve for this nirvana.

thebushhippie said...
This article is so beautiful! I love it. It's a very unique topic. Please keep writing!

abey2012 replied...
Thank you I will!!!

theskeptist replied...
Nov. 13, 2010 at 1:28 am
I love it, you're a hippie just like I am. <3