Get Active | Teen Ink

Get Active

October 25, 2010
By rebelsrock23 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
rebelsrock23 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Having fun, getting exercise, and making new friends at the same time sounds fun, right? Then go sign up for a league, or club!

I believe that everyone should play at least one sport. I believe this because everyone should have something to do in their free time. Without a sport to play, you would never have something to look forward to. Playing a sport will keep you healthy and it’s great exercise! Some examples of sports are baseball, golf, tennis, basketball, softball, swimming, soccer, running, bike riding, horseback riding, and a lot more. You can set new goals and every time you reach that goal, you set new ones.


Occupying a hobby is always a good idea. If you don’t know how to get started with a hobby than sign up for a club at your school or in the community. Some ideas for hobbies are scrap booking, sewing, baking, writing, drawing, photography, playing piano, playing guitar, and many more. If you don’t want to join one, then you can always do it by yourself. Learn how to do the activity and you can work on it whenever your bored.

Although you can do it by yourself, I would recommend you joining a team, league, or club. Doing that gives you the opportunity to make friends. Sharing an interest with someone makes it easier to become better friends with them. It will teach you the importance of competing and interacting with others.
Interacting with others your age will help you realize there are people just like you. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to sit in your empty, quiet house alone all day, so go sign up for a team or club.