What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

October 19, 2010
By Kaitlin-Ann BRONZE, Sulphur Springs, Texas
Kaitlin-Ann BRONZE, Sulphur Springs, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Dont Let Someone Become A Priority In Your Life When Your Just An Option In Thiers!(:


Can love truly exist in our young teenage years? Are we supposed to find the one we want to be with for the rest of our lives, right now? What’s the difference between “love” and “in love”? I can’t help that all these questions race into my minds when I see you across the room.
Of course I tell him “I love you” all the time and his reply is always “I love you too”, but do you really love me? How am I supposed to know that you mean it when you say it? How do you know I mean it when I say it? How do we even know what love is?
What is love really? Does anyone really know? Everyone says that love is serious. That it’s not for kids. Everyone says that love is definitely real. Are they right? I believe love does exist, but to what extent? Love ranges from family love to the type of love that makes your heart race. Can you fall in love more than once in your life though? How do you know when you find the one?
When we’re together, I feel the chemistry between us, but do you? Is all of this just in my head? When you look in my eyes do you feel what I feel? Do you want to stay with me forever? Does each kiss send butterflies to your stomacher and leave you speechless? Can you feel that way about anyone or does it just apply to one person?



When we’re together does everything came naturally to you? Do you feel like you belong with me? Do you understand how I feel? Do you know how you feel? Are you positive you love me? Do you even know what love is?

The author's comments:
For All The Girls Out There Who Know Exactly How It Feels To Have All These Questions Race Through Your Mind Throughout The Day.