Who I Really Am | Teen Ink

Who I Really Am

I like reading interesting books and watching "that 70 show." I like dancing, running and appreciate art. I like eating healthy and staying in shape. I value honesty, commitment and respect. These are hard and true facts. But there is still a lot more I don’t know about myself. I don’t know how I feel about religion, and have mixed feelings about love and boys. I don’t know how I feel about the economy these days. And have no clue why we have so much crime in our world. I don’t like giving a whole story about myself and hate to give speeches. For my identidy unfolds more everyday as my experience grow. Since i am only 18years life has a lot more unfolding to do.

I dislike myself saying “I need to discover more about myself" because I am not trying to look for the person i am. I know who I am and it might take me sometime more to figure out things i never knew before, but with the things I know now is enough to help me go through each and every day. Luckily for me, what I love to do and want to be helps me uncover more about myself. I want to be a psychologist; psychology is what gets my attention in every way. The fact that I love to help people giving them my advice and listening to their problems makes me see the world a bit more different than I usually do.

When I see myself as a psychologist I see myself being that person that i always wanted to be. Knowing that there’s people out there with problems that I can help them solve in many ways, and people with bottled-up feelings that they cant tell anyone about it, makes me work on my job harder everyday .helping people makes me happy, and I’m always thankful that I finally found a way to help them, in a way I never thought it would be so kind and helpful for me. And by helping them I learn more about myself. And I think that’s something really important in life.

Everyday my experience increases, I learn more about myself. And each time I give a person my advice I try to be as honest as I can and respectful in all ways. Because each one of us have our own way at taking things different ways. And I listen to all of the problems they have that need to be listened by someone that actually cares to help. I am not worried that I don't know everything about myself. As I get older, I'll figure it out.

this is actually the first essay i do by myself :) and please i need honest comments !!!

on Oct. 28 2010 at 7:55 am
shellbi123 SILVER, East Jordan, Michigan

"don't say sorry if your not"

vey nicee.

on Oct. 26 2010 at 10:51 pm
SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

I don't think anyone can truly fully know themselves. We will all die and there will still be the unknown within you that eludes your mind, that you will never know about. You'll probably feel pretty bad about it, because maybe you could have used it to your advantage and now it is too late. But good luck with your life learning and wish me luck with mine!

on Oct. 26 2010 at 9:12 am
shellbelle524 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I enjoyed this post,because it reminds me of myself. The only difference is that I do soul search and I enjoy it thoroughly. I wish to find enough closure to not want to know more, but I haven't. I think it's because I fear eventually becoming someone else. Hopefully by the time I reach your age I will know more and understand myself better. Thanks for sharing!