Communism vs. Democracy | Teen Ink

Communism vs. Democracy

October 12, 2010
By itgetsmethrough BRONZE, Huntington, Indiana
itgetsmethrough BRONZE, Huntington, Indiana
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you do what you love, you never have to work a day in your life." Author Unknown


I know your kind—you keep to yourself and do what you are told with your nose to the ground. They walk on you like a welcome mat, and you just brush the dirt aside. You are pushed around without a sound, and you are a nameless face in the crowd. Much like a single stone in a quarry, you all blend together with shades of gray. I get to roam as freely as a mustang, while your people have been tamed for a petting zoo. My hooves are free to fly, while yours are bound to shackles. Could these differences be put aside?
Hate is sometimes love, so step over to this side of the grass—you might find it a little greener. I see pain in your eyes; you feel like you don’t belong, I sense it. Come with me—take my hand and we will walk to Meile Ajit together, you and I. We are invincible love, and we will put aside our differences for a worthy cause.


The author's comments:
This is a vignette that I chose to write for class; we had to create an island that had many cultures coming together in a way that could still let them get along with one another.