Take a Stand | Teen Ink

Take a Stand

October 8, 2010
By sunnskigirl BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana
sunnskigirl BRONZE, Kalispell, Montana
2 articles 4 photos 2 comments

Take a stand. Change a person's life, make their day a little bit better. Make them feel important. Everyday there are those kids in school getting "bullied", pushed around, called mean names, ignored, made fun of, or secluded. The kid sitting alone at lunch, you see them, how would you feel all by yourself, left alone to think no one cares about you, your not imprtant just because of how you dress, or how skinny or big you are. Do a small act of kindness, maybe you and your friends will go sit with that person, makes themn feel like someone cares. Stick up for the kid being pushed around in the hall, or be partners with the kid no one wants to be partners with in class. They are people just like us. We can make a difference. Just one small act of kindness can possibly change a person's world. Help make this world a better place.


The author's comments:
I was at lunch one day and saw this kid sitting all by himself. So, I decided to go make friends with him. Now im happy I did because he feels important, all because of one small act of kindness I did.