What Is Love? | Teen Ink

What Is Love?

By christinarees SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
christinarees SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana

Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail.
- Elliott Smith

So what is love? Is it that feeling you get in your guy that says "yeah this is THE person" or nowadays is it just a word to loosely used. I hear people daily going on about how they love pizza or how much they love their new shoes... but do you honestly love your Uggs as much as you love your mom or you significant other? Now, I'm not saying I'm not guilty of it too but I think there is much to be said about what the word love means. Because to me love is when you can't get someone off your mind, and when someone mentions there name, even when it's not who they are talking about you want to smile, or when your close to them your stomach tingles and you get all blushed. Love is the magic of this world that we know exists but no one can see. As "The Notebook" would say love is like the wind you can't see it but you can feel it. I know I'm 15, I know I'm in high school and apparently to most people, immature. But I know when I feel something as powerful as love that it exists. Love is what makes the world somewhat humane. So where is the love? Because no one seems to care anymore there are those who want to improve that but honestly look around... is love being shown? So then, what is love? I think it's as simple as the most painful and difficult thing to understand yet the most wonderful and powerful thing our world has to offer. I may be young but I know when something is alive.

Love is what inspires all of my work... might as well understand what I can about it?

- Elliott Smith

I very much agree with this. I was just trying to state my undertstanding of what we loook for in life everyday.

on Oct. 14 2010 at 11:07 am
expressionist SILVER, Harriman, Tennessee

If life gives u lemons you shud make lemonade then go find someone whose life has given them vodka n have a party!!!-Ron White

Love is patient and kind. It is not vengeful nor hateful. Its with that passionate kindness or deep attraction. You know what love truly is when you've truly experienced it.

Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

i can barely understand love myself