People | Teen Ink

People

October 1, 2010
By flutechick1234 SILVER, Summerville, Georgia
flutechick1234 SILVER, Summerville, Georgia
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life knocks you down to your knees, remember you are in the perfect position to pray.


Why do people judge others by their “cover” and not by their true inner self? I am confused. But trust me, I know that feeling. People glance at me one time and assume the worst. All you have to do is get to know me. Once you know me, I am funny, sincere, and nice. They have to give me that one chance. Just become my friend. You are who you are, and if they don’t like you, then obviously, they’re not your friend. I know way too many people who do that. Don’t judge others by appearance. Outer beauty is not the only thing that makes you who you are. There are a lot more qualities that make you who you are. You just have to be willing to open up and find their true self. Looks do not matter. Personality does. No one can make you change your ways so they will like you. You will never find yourself anywhere else. You’ll find yourself in you. That is the truth. If you find their true self and don’t like it, then move on. GOD put them there for a reason. The way you judge others could mean the difference. You better think twice before you act. You never know how it will affect them. Just give them the chance. If you would put yourself in their shoes, you might understand. Their “cover” is not the only thing that will spark a new friendship. So, please don’t judge others by their “cover.” Just be who you are. You might just gain new friendships along the way. Your truest friends won’t judge you by your “cover.”


The author's comments:
I decided to write this when one of my ex-friends started treating me like I didn't deserve to be here.