The Boston Common Vignette | Teen Ink

The Boston Common Vignette

To all who read this may you not forget what America stands for. May you not forget that America stands for freedom and that freedom is not free. I know this for I have seen the struggle it takes to gain independence. I have seen the hardships of war, and the cursing, the screams of pain. War is not to be taken lightly. I have seen many protests against war in my days. It's almost as if people nowadays don't understand how tough it is to be fighting in a war. I am a confederate soldier who was on the CSS Virginia. The Soldiers and Sailors monument was dedicated to the men that fought in the Civil War. My soul remains inside the monument. I see all that goes on around the monument. From large crowds gathering to protest to families having a peaceful picnic on the grass. I feel the warmth of summer to the bitter coldness of winter. I want people to see the monument and have it remind them of the terribleness of war so that they themselves to not make the same mistake again but I also want people to have a peaceful feeling as they walk past the monument. So that they know that America is a safe place.

A School Assignment