Physically Pretty vs. Pretty on the Inside | Teen Ink

Physically Pretty vs. Pretty on the Inside

By marisaashley BRONZE, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
marisaashley BRONZE, Pottstown, Pennsylvania

"why are you trying so hard to fit in when you're born to stand out." - What A Girl Wants

"Don't let the past dictate who you are, but let be apart of you will become." - My Big Fat Greek Wedding

As girls in America today, we all are too busy being physically pretty; no zits or blemishes on our faces, our make up is perfect looking just so that cute guy can check us out, and that we're wearing that perfect daily outfit. While that stuff is important, there's one thing that's equally important or even just a little important: being pretty inside. The one thing we forget as girls is that being pretty outside isn't all that matters. We often forget that if we don't have qualities that others find admirable, the pretty looks don't matter to the people who truly care about you. We should fight for characteristics that people appreciate such as kind, caring, compassionate, sympathetic, and loyal. Be the person you look for in a friend. Would you be friends with you?

I was thinking about girls today (including myself) and how we take hours to get ourselves ready to go out somewhere, when we're possibly mean and nasty to everyone else.

SKSK1214 BRONZE, Davie, Florida

"And suddenly we see that love costs all we have and will ever be. Yet its only love which sets us free.", & "If we don't believe theres reason for living then we'll never know."

It was a good thought but please try to work on your conventions. The work could be amazing but its hard to get past the missed comma or wrong verb tense.