My Ethics | Teen Ink

My Ethics

By AlexBuitron BRONZE, Deltona, Florida
AlexBuitron BRONZE, Deltona, Florida

We all know what’s right and what’s wrong. We were taught that it was wrong to lie, cheat, steal, etc. but why do we still do it? I think that we are all easily influenced by the little sins that this world brings to us. It’s so hard to say no but once we say yes, we regret it. If you’re out shopping with a few friends and you see them stealing clothes off of a rack, your conscience automatically tells you something is wrong. Your friends start telling you to do it with them, you know you shouldn’t, but you do it anyway. Then you get caught, and then that’s when the regret comes in. You’re in a room with a police officer and your parents discussing why you did it. You don’t really know, do you? Your parents might think you did it so you can fit in more. But you know that’s not true. You didn’t listen to your conscience, no matter how much you knew it was right, you chose to do wrong because in the end we are all still human and make mistakes like everyone else. It’s a quick reaction that everyone makes and whether it was the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do, our choices affect us, in the good or bad.