Pride in our Countries | Teen Ink

Pride in our Countries

By JustinP BRONZE, Warren, New Jersey
JustinP BRONZE, Warren, New Jersey

This has been on thing that always bothers me. The lack of American Pride that goes into every day American life. I don't mean that Americans should salute the flag 50 times a day, or even have to be patriotic at all. That's all part of free thinking. But, the one thing that does bother me is that many American flags, that are used to hang outside your house etc. are made in China? This goes for any countries flag. If for example you have a Canadian flag it should not be made in China or anywhere else besides Canada. Obviously these days almost everything is made in China because of costs, but for me I find it insulting that my country, and it's companies and are part of it's economy can not have enough pride to have an American flag made in America. And that goes for countries.

We all should be proud of the country we live in. And there are certain things that should be taken with pride in making in ones own country. One of those things is the flag and it is a shame that money takes over pride.