How do we know?! | Teen Ink

How do we know?!

How do we know?!
How do we know?!
How do we know what matters most in our life if we can not keep our life in check? So many of us just slowly let ourselves go and one day we wake up and go what happened? We feel like we lost something extremely important to us. But, what we don't realize is that we were letting it slowly slip away. 

We have to love and care about ourselves before before we can care about anyone or anything else.  People have always told me never change for anyone. But think about it? We have to! Life wouldn't go on if we didn't. Has your parents ever told you, "You need to grow up and change your lifestyle?" mine has. And, yes I have changed and grown up for the better. If your married haven't you had to change for your spouse? The thing is, we change without even realizing and we change willingly. Not because we have to. Because we want to so we can please the ones we care about.
So, how do we know when to stop? When to take a step back and go wait. Before this gets out of hand I need to address this before it becomes a problem. Next time someone has an intervention for you remember they are doing this because they love you. Because they care about you. So don't get mad. And listen to the ones who love you. Because in the end you know you love them too.

I just recently went through a big change in my life. And I felt like I should just get out there and tell people it's okay not to know. That eventually you will figure it out.