Abuse

You know the song “Love The Way You Lie” by Eminem and Rihanna? I’ve noticed nearly every person I’ve encountered loves that song. But do you realize they’re singing about abuse? They’re singing about not being able to leave a horrible relationship, an abusive relationship. Not being able to stop. If you ask majority of teenagers, in any school, what would they do if they were in an abusive situation, they’re reply, “I’d leave.” Or, “I’d hit them back.” Or, so many different answers, normally always saying they’d get out. And, that’s great. Believe that! But, this song, is saying you wouldn’t. This song is saying I love the way you lie, when you apologize for hitting me, for hurting me, and I know you’ll do it again. And that’s okay. It’s not okay! It’s bad. But, don’t judge other people for not leaving either. I’m not saying you should stay. You need to get out of those relationships. But, I am saying, don’t blame them. People who are abused don’t feel like they have another choice. They’re scared to leave, scared the abuser will come after them. They’ve been abused for so long they don’t know anything else, abuse is all they know. They think the abuser loves them, and believes the abuser when he/she says they’ll never do it again. In most cases, they will. The abused have no one else to go to, the abuser has isolated them from everyone else. What I’m trying to say, is not be so quick to judge people because they’re having troubles leaving an abusive relationship. If you know someone in an abusive relationship? Tell them they have a place to stay if they need one. Tell them they’re beautiful, they don’t deserve that. Tell them they do deserve better, whether they believe it or not. Because no one, and I mean absolutely, positively no one deserves to be abused.

smilee_xD said...
thanks for the comments.:)

AfterLife said...
That's so true. Mostly poeple feel trap, scaried or something like that. the people who stay have falling in love with them. they don't want to let them go. and you speck the truth.

Bethani said...
i know how it feels to be in a controlling relationship. it's not your fault