Letter to Young Drivers

Dear Teenage driver,
Think about the five people in your life that mean the most to you.It could be family,friends,your boyfriend or girlfriend. Whoever you can think of. Now think of them crying and mourning over a polished rock. All they have left of you. All because you answered that one text message from a friend, or because you went too fast for two minutes. Sounds harsh but that is the reality thousands of teens and families face every year. An average of 11 teens per day die from unsafe driving.I know you don't want to hear this. No one ever thinks it'll happen to them. Trust me, that's what everyone thinks before it happens. You are not invincible, you are a teen. A car is not a toy to show off with, it is to get you from place to place safely.Please, slow down and turn your phone off.Save a life.Don't become a statistic.
yours truly,
Morgan

marinalynn said...
My condolances, and good work. it takes more than you'd imagine to find the courage to write such a warning. I'd say have faith in us as young adults, but your heeding is much appreciated

thisismyheart replied...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 9:22 am
Thank you!! I wouldn't say i wrote this because I don't have faith in young drivers. I just wanted to stress how they REALLY need to think before they get in a car and while they are driving. I really appreciate that you took the time to read and comment on my work.

marinalynn replied...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 10:42 am
ha no prob, and thank you as well for reading my work! :)

Arye95 replied...
It's great hun! I miss you, too.