Letter to Young Drivers | Teen Ink

Letter to Young Drivers

August 14, 2010
By guardgirl728 BRONZE, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
guardgirl728 BRONZE, Pottstown, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you hurt because you are alive" -charlie st. cloud.


Dear Teenage driver,
Think about the five people in your life that mean the most to you.It could be family,friends,your boyfriend or girlfriend. Whoever you can think of. Now think of them crying and mourning over a polished rock. All they have left of you. All because you answered that one text message from a friend, or because you went too fast for two minutes. Sounds harsh but that is the reality thousands of teens and families face every year. An average of 11 teens per day die from unsafe driving.I know you don't want to hear this. No one ever thinks it'll happen to them. Trust me, that's what everyone thinks before it happens. You are not invincible, you are a teen. A car is not a toy to show off with, it is to get you from place to place safely.Please, slow down and turn your phone off.Save a life.Don't become a statistic.
yours truly,
Morgan


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece after two girls that lived near by were killed in a car accident. Another was severly injured.I hope to try and spread the message of teens being safe while driving.