The Good, The Bad, The Stupid

Have you ever been chastened for doing something another considered wrong? What about having recieved praise for what the community considers heroic or good? These reactions to an individual's action drive me nuts! Who is to say what I do is good or bad?That's not to say I agree to participate in offensive deeds, but I question those who judge; I question all of us, including myself.
Why do we participate in the ever-lasting practice of observation and correction? Are we all subjects to an act pounded into our minds before we have yet to develop one? Or is it simply intuition that keeps us looking for our Utopia?
When a predator moves into the neighborhood, my family recieves phone calls from the state and school, along with a letter explaining this person's whereabouts. My father gets furious with these "helpful reminders" and I dont blame him! This person may or may not be of the same morals as I, but who am I to expose his or her life or even participate in the frenzy?
Basically, I feel that we should live the way we feel is "good" or honest or whatever else you'd like to call it, and leave others to their own business.

thisismyheart said...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 9:25 am
I never thought about things this way. It makes so much sense! great work.