Every Girl Has Issues | Teen Ink

Every Girl Has Issues

If you’re tired of every person in the world pulling you down? Read this. Take a minute, take a deep breath, and read this.

Have you ever noticed how it seems nearly every girl in the world obsesses over their bodies? Some in different ways, naturally. They secretly wonder if they’re eating too much, drinking too much, getting too big. If you have curves, that’s wrong, you have to be skinny as a stick. If you’re skinny as a stick, that’s wrong, you have to have a bigger rear end, a bigger chest, wider hips, but they can’t be too wide. You have to be perfectly tanned in the summer, but not too tan. And it can’t be fake! Gosh, no. You know what I have to say to everyone who says you’re not curvy enough? Or you’re not skinny enough? Or even if you’re not pretty enough? Say whatever. Honestly, I’m sure everyone’s heard that “don’t care what everyone thinks.” Of course you’re going to, it’s in everyone’s nature, but be the bigger person. If they don’t like you? Show everyone else how amazing you are, so they’ll realize you’re just fine the way you are. And don’t just let yourself believe you’re okay. Tell all your friends, tell people you don’t even know that they are perfect the way they are. Start a revolution, start a love your body revolution. Tell everyone to believe in themselves, tell everyone they are beautiful. Tell yourself that everyday, as well. Look in the mirror and say “I am beautiful, no matter what anyone thinks. And I always will be.” If someone you like tells you you’re not pretty, not skinny, or not “thick” enough? Don’t sweat it, you’re going to find someone who loves you for you, flaws and all. You just have to love yourself first.

Have you ever had that one friend, you were so close to, you thought you’d be friends forever? Then, you go to high school, you have to move, you have something happen in your life that changes everything, and then they’re not there? They’ve changed, they’re not there for you anymore? Don’t worry, majority of people have. And that’s because of this simple reason: people change. Some people just aren’t who they say they are. Now, I’m not saying everyone is like that, because they’re not. You will find people in your life who will improve your life in a major way, who believe in you and lift your spirits every day. Those people are the people you will never forget. Sometimes, though, they have to leave too, and that’s because people are put in your life when you need them, not when you want them. And when you want them, but don’t need them anymore? They have to go majority of the time. The friends you have as of now? You probably won’t have them ten years from now. That hurts, I know. You think you couldn’t survive without your best friends, but I’ve seen it so many times. You’ll probably go your separate ways, not all the time, but often enough. You’ll get hurt by your friends. That’s something you can’t change, it’d be like pouring raindrops back into a cloud, but it’s something that happens. It has to happens to help you grow. So when they do? Don’t hate them for it, thank them for helping you get so far in your life.

Now here’s a biggie for everyone. Relationships. Have you ever had that one boy who just makes your heart swell up? You think you can never ever love someone else because they’re just so perfect for you? They’ll break your heart, or you’ll break theirs. I know that’s hard to hear. But majority of high school/middle school relationships never make it. I know you’re probably thinking “that’s not true, we’re going to get married! We’re soul mates!” I’m not saying you’re not, I don’t know you personally. But if they try to change what you believe in, if they hurt you and say “they’ll never do it again”? Then he’s not right for you. He’s using you. I believe there is someone out there for everyone, but you probably won’t find them in high school. If he’s your first kiss, your first real relationship, if you’re planning to do things with him you’ve never done with anyone else? I’m letting you know now, the more you do with him, the worse it’ll hurt when he’s gone. If you give yourself to him, that’s something you can never get back, and you really need to think about if it’s worth it or not. And, life? It’s not a fairytale. That boy isn’t going to give up everything for you. He’s not going to tell all the other girls that he’s found something in you he hasn’t found in anyone else. He’s going to mess around, or he’s going to hurt you, because guys normally don’t think like girls do! They want sex, not love. They’ll say they’ll never love anyone else, but when they’re finished with you? They’ll toss you to the side. Now, I’m not saying that’s going to happen to every one of you. Because there are always exceptions. Sometimes you find the perfect guy when you’re young. But don’t rush into it. Take it slow, see if it is real. But realize also, you don’t need someone else to make you happy. You have the power to make yourself happy. You are your own person, and you have a destiny, a fate. Whatever happens, happens. And, I can just about promise, your heart will get broken at the least, once when you’re young. You will hurt, and hurt some more. You’ll wish you could have done things differently, but don’t. He was in your life for a reason, so don’t regret that. He helped you grow, also.

And also, remember your family. Always. Because when everyone else leaves, they will ALWAYS be there, until the day they pass. They will be your closest friends, the people you can rely on when you’re the lowest you’ve ever been. And thank God for them. Thank God for your friends, your family, your boyfriend, and everyone in your life. And, thank Him for giving you them. They are amazing people.

I’m sure there are things I didn’t cover in this. I’m sure that everyone is different, and some of you won’t care a thing about a word I just wrote. But if I can make one person tear up a little, or relate to this? I’ll be happy.

I really wasn't sure what section to put this under, so I put it under Hot Topics. Haha.:) But, comment & tell me what you think!

on Aug. 21 2010 at 9:32 am
katiebeth___ SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

Que sera, sera.:)

thank you guyss soo much for reading, and commentingg.:)

nidz said...
on Aug. 21 2010 at 3:51 am
itz really owsum thought which u have written.....i love this.

AnumK SILVER said...
on Aug. 21 2010 at 1:29 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other

Beautifully written!

I appreciate your efforts..the way you've poured your heart out! I really hope this works for teen girls out there! :):):)

TrueExpressions, Chicago, Illinois

Treat people the way you would want to be treated

I can relate to this and this is a good message for all girls to follow thanks for this post because you helped me feel better about myself and i will pass it on so other girls can feel the same

katiebeth___ SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

Que sera, sera.:)

thankss for the comments!:))))

purplecat said...
on Aug. 13 2010 at 11:08 am
purplecat, Searcy, Arkansas

“Our American professors like their literature clear and cold and pure and very dead.” Sinclair Lewis

Me too! I love this.

faypirate23 DIAMOND, Fayetteville, West Virginia

Take the road less traveled by.

wow i can relate to all of this ty so much ;))