Does Our Generation Have a Role in America's Future?

I have a voice in America’s future. I have a constant job in America’s growing economy, a role in America’s future. I am the stock market growing or falling with the rise and decline approaching us. I am the pedestrian walking the streets of New York City. I am the future president of the United States. I am the keeper of our prisoners, the helper of the needy. I am America, and this is my role in her future. As a soldier of war I am the savior of our cities. I am the hard worker building the future to a better demand. Safer communities and safer streets meet me here. As we build up our future gets brighter. We are the next generation of growing mothers and fathers cradling our babies, protecting their innocence. I am the hope growing, continuing forward, to a more advanced future. I am the world peace with the other countries. I am the future. I am the boaters cleaning the ocean, the dangers of disease, the help for a cure, the love of a life. This is America and I am her future. From the time we were kids to the time we were in college we grew up believing and even seeing we are America’s students. I am her follower to a greener future, the planter of future life, the builder of bigger marketing, the broadened awakening of future problems waiting to be solved. I am the enforcer of the rules. I am the militia of our country. I am her savior. I am her helping hand when all we need is love. I am her warmth when she is cold. When America is in danger I will be there to save her. I am her savior and she is my home. I am the protection in the walls of her surroundings. I am the better supporters of security in homes. I am her helper. When all we need is breath I am her life support, the future reliability of modern medicine, the cause for a cure. This is America and this is my role in her future. This is my future.

pebbles5 said...
wow.. i am doing the same report for a grade in english class and ur report helped me get an idea of how to start out my own. ur very talented with writing reports keep it up! =)

Obesity man said...
Oct. 6, 2010 at 11:09 am:

i am the biggest girl in the world and i like ashton

imadancer said...
this is amazing, great job!

BillieJean said...
The only problem with this is that you repeat yourself way too much. Too many I ams

pooo replied...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 10:07 pm :
isn't that the whole point. some writtings are terrible with repition, but with one, it just makes it.

ROSEBUD replied...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 1:35 pm :
No, that is not the point. I, myself am applying for this scholarship and they are not looking for poetry. They are looking for logic. Yes, we are the future but how? explain in death. Although beautiful, this piece of work only touches the very surfes of why our generation is the future. We are so much more then a steel men or the very president we are kindness we are integrity we are family and togeatherness. What will our future look like if these very simple aspects of life were lost.

MT2010 replied...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 4:51 pm :
so you just said that the author repeated themselves but you also did by saying "we are" like 3 times in a row and by the way i thought it was beautiful

gabee_p replied...
Nov. 3, 2010 at 9:07 pm :
sorry to butt in.....its not poetry btw...i wrote it this way for a reason...not quite the time it was supposed to be therefore this peice has never been finished...thanx for liking it but thats all i needed to hear

ShatteredTear replied...
Nov. 13, 2010 at 7:20 am :
i kinda agree with the rose bud girl. i liked it but you didnt go very deep i mean i really liked it though

Stuck said...
That was awesome, but i dont know why you posted it on the internet many kids are going to copy this and hand this in... its hard for me to even resist copying it. ITS SOOO GOOOODDDDD

gabee_p replied...
Nov. 3, 2010 at 9:04 pm :
copy it!!! win!!! maybe someone can have better luck than me :( lol

gump said...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 9:09 am:
its an amazing thing u rote u definetly would have won

Ryan's BEBE said...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 10:53 am:
This is amazing!!! i am entering into The VOD contest and i had no idea where to start. your passage has inspired me not only by helping me understand our roles as teens but to be more alert and more active in my school, government, and anything else i am able...THANK YOU!!!!!!!

gabee_p replied...
Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:55 pm :
i wanted to enter this into that contest but i wasnt qualified because i just graduated! but i was for sure set on winning.. :( it just makes me sad i couldn't enter

liliandepp replied...
Sept. 14, 2010 at 10:35 am :
Yeah, well it's brilliant. It's amazing. Sorry about the disappointment. I really do know how that feels. You totally would have won if you had needed my vote. :) Thank goodness we have some people in our generation who know what responsibilty and patriotism are really about.