FRIENDS FOREVER

"Darn it..... you know what? I hate you.....Let's not EVER speak again !" My friend made a sulky face and stomped away. Hurt, even i screamed back, " Fine, let's see you deciding for your birthday party luncheon all by yourself ! The two of us walked away in different directions.

A stance of a small fight.... trust me, a very small fight.

We have many friends, each of them is one of a kind. All of us, I guess, have this one ' snobby-yet-sweet' sort of a friend whom we cannot ignore. We soulfully fight with them, and there are times when we think " Oh my God , I should not have befriended this one, I should have found other friends and maintained my distance with her... darn it!" But these thoughts last for about five minutes, because after that... wham! some situation comes up and we are friends with our five minute old enemy, all over again.

Life is strange.... Friendship even more stranger. Understanding this vital relationship in our lifetime, sometimes becomes difficult and sometimes impossible --- and rejoicing in its lovely hues is like chomping a piece of creamy chocolate cake !

There are a few moments in life, when true friends have fights, swear not to be ever in talking terms again....... but, at the same time, we also realise that these very same friends are always present to add on to our enjoyments as well as share some of our most deep felt sorrows. Always there.... omnipresent, one might feel, to say, to help, to criticize, to decide, to make fun and most importantly, to make us feel special !

" May I have a Frooti", I heard a familiar voice next to me, when I was at the canteen. " What ! 15 bucks... it was only 10, right?" continued the voice, " I am thirsty !!!"
" I need a doughnut", I said, breaking into the previous conversation, " and please take the rest of the monety for HER frooti. "

After collecting my delicious looking chocolate doughnut in my hand with utmost care, lest it falls, I started walking away. A few seconds later, I felt someone's breath close to me, a girl drinking frooti. I had re-befriended my 'best friend' again.

BeeForever said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 8:47 pm:

Sometimes the thing about friends de-friending you is a good thing. I used to be best friends with this girl, and although I didn't see it and everyone else could, she was tearing me apart from everybody else.

I thought she was just being nice, I thought that she really liked me. But when I started realizing that I was, in fact, dissing my friends I'd had since Kindergarten, I started putting some distance between me and that girl.

So then she gets all mad because she's not my n... (more »)

RLL507 said...
Ever heard the saying "People come and go, but best friends are here forever"? I had the same problem. High school tore my best friends apart. There were four of us, friends forever is what they said to me. I guess they were wrong. One left and hung out with a more popular group. The other one found cheerleading more important than friendship. The last one just stop talking to me. All that was left was me. I did not let it bother me at all. I realized that I wanted my friends back. I finally too... (more »)

yogita replied...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 8:30 am :

I, personally, have faced so many of them coming and going... all of those people who claimed to be my best friend at some point of time!! But this one friend of mine has stuck with me for 4 years now.... we fight, stop talking, patch up and have fun all over again!!! i cannot imagine a single day passing by without her!!!

i am guessing that best friends really ... (more »)