If You Love Me

Has anyone ever heard the expression 'If you love me you would ______.' This is often a funny saying to try to get people to do something they don't want to do, or something you're too lazy to do. But what happens when it comes to relationships? For example, if you want to stay pure until marriage and your boyfriend or girlfriend does not. What would you do if they said 'If you loved me you would do it.' No matter what they say, that's not true. Your counterclaim could be, 'If you really loved me, you would respect my boundaries and wait till I was ready.' Believe it or not, love isn't just all about the touchy-feely stuff. It's about something much deeper than that, about caring for someone else more than yourself. If they really love you, they'll wait. If not, God has someone better planned for you anyway!

Savannah-Lauren said...
I couldn't agree more! But the sad thing is; when people actaully fall for that stuff. Respect yourself, and be true to yourself! :) Your a great writer and I love this piece <3

YourLoser said...
Sept. 11, 2010 at 12:32 am

I agree.

Check out my stuff?

writingchick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 9:41 am
I couldn't agree more. You bring up good points (: