Me And My Questions

I'm not like other girls. I don't 'flaunt' my stuff, mostly because I don't have any "stuff". But also because I'm scared to, that I won't do it right. Maybe I should just try it. Personally though, I find it very degrading, that a woman has to sacrifice her pride to an arrogant man who doesn’t fully appreciate her. I am most certainly a different teen. I don't fit in; I can't dance on boys like the other girls because I think it’s disgusting. Sometimes I think that maybe I'm too judgmental. But really, all I'm trying to do is find my way.

I hate how adults think kids and teenagers shouldn't have a say in anything and that they don't know anything. Because we do! We're not just little slaves to be bossed around. That saying "Children are to be seen, not heard" is ridiculous. Who are they to say that we don't know anything? Then why do we go to school? Why do we learn about the world if we can't have a say in the matter?

I love school, I get good grades I have friends, it’s not like I'm an out cast. But I'm just so self conscious. I get nervous in front of people, I turn red, and I hate the way I look. But why? Everyone tells me I'm pretty, why can't I just accept it? I walk down the halls and corridors and question myself “What are they looking at?” “Is there something the matter with me?” But I just keep on walking. I hate that I'm shy and that I'm not confident. Why can’t I be normal?
I love reading and I love telling people about it, so why can't I get up in front of my classmates, my peers, and tell them about it? Why was I born with this, this curse? I'll never know, and like everyone else, I'll just have to learn to live with it. But sometimes I don't think I can.

I look in the mirror, and I'm disgusted. I look at the other girls and am ashamed. Why do I walk among these confident beautiful people? Surly I'm not worthy? But for some unknown reason I was placed on this Earth, and am forced to roam in wonder.

My life is full of opinions. Some will never be noticed, some never spoken. Life is full of questions. Most are never answered.

notebookladyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You are certainly not alone, I can relate to this very much. Excelent work again!

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I'm glad you can relate, thank you for commenting!

IGetWeirdSometimes said...
I really like this article, and I can completely relate with your insecurities

RachelAndersen96 said...
I love how this article is written. I feel like this. I can re[late to this. You are great writer. Keep on writing!!!

hancampbell said...
Whoa, you're right, our articles are pretty similar! I really like yours; I completely agree with you on a bunch of this. Grinding/freaking is disgusting! 

Thank you, I'm glad you could agree with me. And I loved your article as well!

InsaneKitten said...
I guess everyone feels like that :/ naw im a true weirdo but I honestly don't mind I'm proud of it. Remember It's fun to laugh at the pretty girls who think they have real friends, and think they can dance. it's nice to get good grades because after school I'll Rule the world >:) You have to think your the best because your you who else could be better in this world. And shyness is just a disease in the world that last only five minutes until you REALLY get to know someone. Books are&nbs... (more »)

starlight26 replied...
Aug. 29, 2010 at 10:26 am
I agree. I loved this piece!!!!!!

Sept. 3, 2010 at 9:33 am
Thank you so much, your comments mean a lot to me.

Kay4theRoses said...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:50 am

very diffrent from the kind of stuff i write, it was completely strait forward and directly thought to paper. keep writing your opinion if you cant say it, ill deffintly read it.

will anyone read some of my newer stuff? tell me what you think.

optimisticpessimist said...
This whole article describes my life literally almost everyday. I love it! Keep writing ;)

lizzymwrites said...
Ok, aside from one tiny spelling mistake I'm sure you didn't notice when you wrote (surely, noit surly) it's a very good article. Everyone feels that way sometimes. =)

Aug. 3, 2010 at 10:05 am

sorry about that, I don't know why Microsoft didn't tell be I spelt it wrong, I even used the spellcheck.

thanks :D

Bethani said...
Where have you been all through high school? You are just like me. Grinding is gross!

conversegirl23 said...
wonderful job. i like how candid and honest u were.

Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:23 am
thank you very much :)