Stand Up

Our parents, are the ones who are supossed to be supporting what we do, and who we are. Weather we're smart, gay, part of the 'It' crowd, or a loner. Or if we want to dance or paint instead of studying to be a lawyer, or a nurse. Right?

Then I want to know this. Why do they hold us back?

Life is about finding yourself, and expressing your self. Not hiding behind the books, and doing something we hate.

Each of us are our own person, yes we're young, and can be naive. But we have our own minds and our own thoughts. We know who and what we believe in, and we what is important to us.
I honestly think that teenagers need to express themselves more. Be who THEY are, not who anyone else wants them to be.

InsaneKitten said...
I don't think parents are trying to keep you shut off..... they just want to do whats best. If u decide to be a painter a poet thats great but you got to have a spare job as a sideline because it doesn't pay well. They don't want you to be a loner because they worried you'll never have a real friend in real life. They're worried if you're not part of the IT crowd what kind of people could you really be hanging out with? Are they good, bad, the people you really should be spending time with. They... (more »)

Haleylynn replied...

My thing with that,

is if it isnt best for us, its our choices and our mistakes..i love my parents to death, but some of them force their children into things, or despise them because of one thing, and i just think its pathetic..

Bethani said...
Good work! I agree.