The Young

Why—at times—does it feel like a crime to be young? Why is it that just because we are young can we not understand the harsh realities of the world around us? Why are we too young to know what love is or how things fall apart? Since when does being young prevent us from living life? We know heartbreak, we know loss; we know love, and hate, and all the pains they can cause. We know complicated, we know not all questions have answers; we know that life is hard, and sometimes people fall. So why is it then that when things go wrong and we want to make them right, the mature people say “You’re too young to understand.”? We can and do understand. Because being young doesn’t stop us from living life. The young feel life’s bumps too.

InsaneKitten said...
idk ignorance is bliss :/ in  way being young is not a crime, and they just don't want to get in the middle of the war so the best way to cope is to forget and ignore and stay ignorant.... anyway no reason to traumatize a child at such a young age....... it's supposed to be a happy time thats being ruined by hate

Saint_that_Sins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yea, I believe this would be true for small children, but this article is reguarding tennages (people from the ages of like 15 to 17).