Robot Thought

Every time I hear a discussion on robotic intelligence there are three main factors that they discuss. There is the speed of the thought, the ability to learn and the ability to recognize their environment. Well, there are a few things that I believe they are missing, the ability to imagine and understand the most likely possibilities. When you or I are talking to each other you have a vague general idea of the subject of what I'm going to say next, but what if I say what you can't expect? Well usually you can respond from the basic knowledge you have on people and your past experiences. A robotic mind could only do part of that, they could only calculate what should happen, not what will happen. I believe this is because they can't conceive a new idea, just recompose old ones. This is where true human thought happens, in the originality of our ideas and actions.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree, but I think that the problem of artificial intelligence goes way beyond this. We are creating something that supposedly 'thinks' for itself. But it can never come close to the depth of the human mind, heart, and soul (no matter how much science is studied).

Mary D. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 7:48 pm:
This is amazing... that's exactly what I think!

Thinker replied...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:11 pm :
Thank you for your comment. I just wonder how "good" and "bad" can be writen into an algorithem