I Like Me

I'm sort of your average 14 year old guy, sort of. I don't follow the crowd, it's not who I am. I don't listen to the music most other kids listen to, as a matter of fact, I can't stand the music they listen to. I don't watch the type of movies that others might like, horror movies are just my thing. I don't wear what's "in style". My jeans and music t-shirts suit me just right. You might say that I'm "not in style", but I'm perfect out of style. Some people look down on me for being "different" than other kids. Almost like I'm a bad influence because I listen to "violent, disturbing music" to say the least, and wear shirts of my favorite bands that people think I'm crazy for liking. And watching crazy movies. I find it funny that people can be so closed minded about things. People fear what they don't understand. I don't care if people think I'm weird, I just know that they just don't understand me, and if they did, they'd like me alot more. But I'll let them be so they can find out on their own for now. I like being different than most people, without it, I wouldn't be me. And guess what, I like me.

liv.laf.love13 said...
i kind of listen to screamo so ive heard of iwrestledabearonce but i nvr rlly bothered lol....but i will now hahaha

liv.laf.love13 said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 12:04 am
what kind of '' violent distubing'' music do you listen 2?

slasher88 replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 12:20 am
Well I dont think of it like that but other ppl do. I mostly listen to Death Metal, and u could say all the DM bands are "violent or disturbing" lol

liv.laf.love13 replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 8:00 am
lol i listen to rock..like escape the fate...evanescence..pierce the veil...and still my frendz look at me like im crazy if im blasting a escape the fate song 8-)

slasher88 replied...
ah so u listen to screamo then..u like iwrestledabearonce?

PayPay replied...
let me put it to this way if you dont like or love your self than who is? i mean i use to hate myslef and didnt love myself and i found out no one else loved or like me. so i had to make some changes so people could know me and see me for me! and now i have friends and i have someone who cares about me! But keep write in cause i feel you!

liv.laf.love13 said...
Thats awesome!! You are being yourself, not worrying what ppl think. I guess thats my personal sickness lol. I have to hide my true self half the time becuz i am afraid someone will think bad of me...even if they alredy do.

slasher88 replied...
most ppl r like that but once u stop worrying what ppl think about you, then u find it easier to live with yourself

liv.laf.love13 replied...
:) Thanks i will try lol...but anyway i rlly like your writing its writers like you who you know are true to there selves and others

slasher88 replied...
Thanks. I just felt like writing something about myself and just started typing haha. This is a cool site to do this kinda stuff.

liv.laf.love13 replied...
I know i found out about it from a friend. I first checked it out to see it was like stupid or anything, but no its rlly kool. I love reading everyones work. How they feel and how they can put it out there like that lol.

slasher88 replied...
Well you should try writing something sometime, even if its something right off the top of ur head it can spark ideas for better stuff lol

liv.laf.love13 replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 8:02 am
i d o that sometimes...i just dont like post it until its perfect haha..but thats like once in a while...sometimes i will just like write a small poem and just leave it at that

lyssa28 said...
its cool that you know who you are!

Mary D. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's good that you like who you are and are true to yourself. At my house we don't have TV and my parents haven't had a new CD since '87, so I only know songs from the seventies and eighties. I don't even know what the latest fashion is. And I watch really old movies. So what if we don't exactly fit in? It's good to like yourself! I'm glad you are who you are and I'm glad I am who I am.

slasher88 replied...
well i think the music from that era is better than the crap some ppl listen to today