Only One

Life can be full of regrets. Whether you're seven and don't even know what they are, or fifty and tired of hearing about them, they're still there for everybody. Because, everyone changes their mind on somethings. I'm not saying we regret everything we do or say, but you have to admit we always wish something might have gone differently.

I have regrets on many things in my life. Although I want to admit some friends grew apart because of the nature of life, I can't come to believe what even I'm saying. A simple call or nowadays text I COULD send, but I choose not. If I did, would I have friends that are closer? It seems I just let them drift, like I didn't care. I could have done something about it, 
or at least tried, but I didn't.

I have had my share of regrets on other relationships as well. All those years up till sixth grade I never told anyone, ( well thinking back, I DID tell my neighbors ) who I liked. But then in sixth when I told someone, it felt good. I could actually talk about the guy. What would have happened if I told someone in years past, would I have had a boyfriend in fourth grade? Now I'll never know. 

Just a couple weeks ago, I had another regret on a boy. Silly it seems, but I'm sure you would be thinking the same thing in my place. We used to stay up late and talk, almost everyday. I thought of you as a friend, but liked you as more than one. The end of the year rolled around, and we barely talked over the summer. We had none of the same classes in our upcoming year. Now I'm seeing pictures, really adorable, pictures of you and ... your girlfriend. I think back, did you like me as more than a friend too? If I had said something last year, would that be me in the picture? Even perhaps if we did both "like" each other, there's nothing we could do now. You have a good relationship with you're girlfriend. Me, well I have another guy I may be in this same situation with next year. I'll never know what could have been, even if it's what should have been.

Not too recently, but not that long ago, I've regretted things that I have said. Truly it might have been anger, pain, or sadness getting the best of me, but I still regret what I said. I didn't mean it, but it shouldn't have come out of my mouth either way.

All I'm really trying to say is don't hold back. Ask the guy or girl out. If you don't mean it, don't say it. Stay in touch with the people you want to. Live your life to the best of your ability. Make mistakes, learn from them. Love the way you want. Laugh as much as you can. After all God gave us a life to live, but don't forget, you have only one.