Tips for the Teenage Years | Teen Ink

Tips for the Teenage Years

By Beazzzz BRONZE, New York, New York
Beazzzz BRONZE, New York, New York

These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume.
-Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI

Now that you hit the teenager years, there is going to be some big decisions that are going to be made and some risks taking. You have been waiting for this moment, to be a young adult to have freedom, everyone wants freedom to get to be more independent but you might not know this but being a teenager is harder than you think.
You might think being a teenager is easy breezy but it is not at all, as I said there will be some risks involved, for example your friends might tell you it’s alright to do drugs it won’t harm you it will make you happy and you will lose your troubles. That part of losing your troubles is true, but let’s says you smoked pot and you where really high and you felt good, you felt that your troubles were pushed away and nothing can bring them back. That’s not true they will come back after you go back to normal you will feel depressed again then you will want more pot.
Or for example, you might have a boy friend and you guys might have been going out for a long time, and you both agree that you guys should go farther into your relationship, which is bad because of the risks of getting STDs. The risk is very high. So always think before you do things.
When you hit the age of getting your license you have to agree to be safe while driving, this means you agree to not text while driving because you could get into a car accident, keep your eyes on the road at all times.
Other times when you are applying for collage, the people who are interviewing will check your MySpace, Face book or Twitter so be careful about what you post because they will check it all out to see what kind of person you are.
These are just some of the problems and risks you might run into during your teenage years, so be careful be prepared, if you are worried about all these problems you can talk to an adult like your parents about this they will help you out with all this stuff. I hope this advice helped you for the teenage years. Good Luck.

This Piece is mostly about The teenage years and what to expect and how to deal with the things you should expect.

Beazzzz BRONZE said...
on Jul. 14 2010 at 3:36 pm
Beazzzz BRONZE, New York, New York

Which, as they kiss, consume.
-Romeo and Juliet, Act II, Scene VI

Thank you for your comment, i really appreciate that you have commented on my work, you are the first person to comment on any of my work so thank you. Yes i would love to take a look at your work. :)

on Jul. 11 2010 at 11:33 pm
bgirlnumber4 GOLD, Vancouver, Washington

Be yourself, Everyone else is already taken

I like the article, very informative:) it has a very Youth full but wise approach to it, easy to understand :) I think you may like the articles i write, they also have similar writing tones and themes as this :) Check them out :) Keep writing you have got some serious talent :)