Letter to Evil

By , DesMoines, IA
Evil,
I am writing a letter to you. Yes you, your collective whole. I hope this letter is read and passed on through your various departments. Anyway, let me get to the point. I am writing this letter as a representative. A representative for the billions of people that you affect. You may call me “The Diplomat”.
You can take many things from us. You can take away homes, families, lives, souls, purity, honor, friends, justice, worlds, lands, nations, light, darkness, name it and you can take it away! You are powerful. You take many forms. Rapists murderers, criminals of every sort. Terrorists that kill for a twisted cause, you cause small mindedness and greed, anger and jealousy, you twist apart friendships, separate families, ruin lives.
All these things you do.
But….Have you ever considered what you cannot do?

You cannot take away hope! You cannot destroy true dreams, cannot break true faith, cannot tear apart true friendships. You cannot twist and destroy pure ideals, you cannot tear us apart! There is an old Greek legend about Pandora’s Box, a legend that described how you were born. But something was given to the human race to combat you.

HOPE

With hope, you are powerless! Fact is, you are powerless without fear. But let me tell you something. We the human race reject you! You cannot tear us apart, cannot destroy us! Try it? How many times have you succeeded? If the answer is many that is correct. But how many times have you failed? A lot! You are not some mystical God that can destroy us.

We the people of the human race say enough!

Sincerely,
The Diplomat

Mtayy2000 said...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 10:43 am:
OMG! that was amazing i loved it. i really think you should keep writing, i really can't wait to read your other work ;)

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm :

Thank you! I appreciate it=)

sweet_silent_surenity said...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 8:09 pm:

Wow! You have so much passion in your writing. Even now, after reading it I can feel it oozing from the effect the words had on me. Weird example of personification. I like it. It's unique and I think other people will like it. I'm just glad to be the first commenter.

Jul. 21, 2010 at 9:03 am :
Thanks so much!

sweet_silent_surenity replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:37 pm :
your velcome very much^^